How To Care for Gym Floors
How To Care for Gym Floors in Piatt and Dewitt Counties
Gym floors are an important part of schools, churches and recreation centers. They are used for various events throughout the year and regular maintenance is important to keep them in good condition. While you want them to look nice it is also important for them to be safe for use. Unkempt floors in disrepair can be hazardous as well as unsightly.
- It is important that gym floors be swept daily with a dust mop. Dirt and dust buildup will scratch the finish of the floor when it is walked on and can create a slipping hazard.
- Vacuum all walk off mats daily to ensure that the dust and dirt does not transfer to the gym floor.
As Needed Maintenance & Preventative Measures
- Use a damp mop once or twice a week to clean the gym floor and prevent dust.
- Ensure that there is no standing water left on the gym floor. Excess water on the floor can damage the wood
- Ensure that all tables and chairs have felt pads or use a floor covering to protect the gym floor.
- Walk-off mats are a great way to minimize the amount of tracked in dirt and water. These are placed at the entries and help absorb debris and water that would otherwise be tracked onto the gym floor.
Call SERVPRO of Piatt/Dewitt Counties at 217-935-2992 to learn more about our cleaning services or to schedule an inspection. Our Team would love to help ensure that your gym floors are in great shape!