Build an Emergency Checklist
Are you prepared for when a storm hits near you? Use this checklist to build your emergency kit for your necessities during a storm.
- Water (one gallon per person per day)
- Food (non-perishable 3-day supply)
- Manual can opener
- Battery operated radio, preferably a NOAA Weather Radio
- Flashlight and extra batteries
- First aid kit
- Whistle to signal for help
- Dust masks or bandannas
- Plastic sheeting, garbage bags and duct tape
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Hygiene items
- Important documents; copies of insurance policies, identification and bank account information
- Fire extinguisher
- Matches in a waterproof container
SERVPRO of Piatt/Dewitt counties is locally owned and operated—so we’re a part of this community too. We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 franchises, which enables us to respond quicker with more resources. For major storms and disasters, we can call upon special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country.
Call SERVPRO of Piatt/Dewitt at (217) 935-2992 for all your storm damage needs 24/7.